Hello, all. 🙂
While browsing WordPress this morning, I came across a wonderful list of questions from 2 tickets to Wonderland‘s blog (which can be found here). It was originally posted as a Liebster Award nomination, and although I didn’t get nominated to do the tag, I found it incredibly neat and decided to do it anyway. Travelling has been a huge, indelible part of my life, and I have been so blessed to have traveled to so many places so far in my youth.
I nominate YOU to spread this “Travel Questions” tag by doing them yourself! Feel free to comment with your answers or Ping me back with your posts, just so that I know that you did it.
Without further ado, the questions! 🙂
1. What is your favorite travel movie? Last Holiday. It really puts you in the mood for traveling. 🙂
2. What are your three favorite cities and why? So hard to choose! I would have to say Paris, Taipei, and Cambria, California.
3. What has been your most memorable hotel/hostel stay? The Weston in Beijing. Everything was so chic and shiny- I loved it! ❤
4. Have you ever been robbed while traveling? Fortunately, I have not. However, I came close twice while in Paris. I was smart enough not to fall for the pickpockets’ tricks and I cross my fingers that it will continue to stay that way in future travels (meaning, not getting pickpocketed).
5. What is your best wildlife experience? The canyons in Utah and Arizona. I was on a hiking tour with my group, and oh man, the view was sublime. The blue, cloudless sky, the earth, red clay of the perfectly-sculpted cliffs, ahhh…Granted, there was a bit of terror in the back of my mind as we scaled and descended down the narrow, treacherous paths, but once we settled on a viewing point, sheer ecstatic happiness overtook the fear. Good times. 🙂
6. How do you save money for travel? I’m still dependent on my parents, and so basically they pay for travel (haha).
I did, however, apply for scholarships and financial aid money for my trip to Paris, since I was going on my own. But other than that, it was all on my parents. 😛
7. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
Settling down in the natural beauty of Vancouver, Canada. It’s my dream home. 🙂
8. What is your biggest travel fail?
My biggest travel fail would have to be this summer, when I was coming back home from Paris. I had a layover in Philadelphia, but I didn’t know that I had to check in my luggage again in Philly before boarding, so that it would arrive in timely fashion once I reached home. So I was waiting at the carousel for 30 minutes until finally I went to admin and they told me the situation. Luckily, they had the luggage sent over from Philly, and I received it the next day. I learned my lesson: next time, I know!
9. What is the best hike you have done?
10. Which destination(s) will you keep going back to?
France, Canada, Taiwan, Cambria, California.
11. When did you first fall in love with travel?
I’ve always been traveling, ever since I was really little. However, it wasn’t until I got older (around ten, maybe) that I started to appreciate the experience. 🙂
There you have it, folks! Now I challenge you to answer these questions.
– The Finicky Cynic