Today, I thought that I would do something simple, namely, listing my bucket list of things to accomplish. I know it’s a popular thing to do, but I think it’s a great idea to reflect on your dreams, aspirations, and goals in life.
It can be something little, like learning how to cook an egg, or a big event, like winning the lottery. It can be something that you do with others, like bungee-jumping, or one that is personal, such as publishing a book that you’ve been working on for years.
I’m also curious to see what your lists of goals are, so feel free to add your aspirations in the comments, or Ping me back with your post. 🙂
And with that, here is my bucket list:
1. Visit the Netherlands and Czech Republic.
2. Learn to play the guitar.
3. Learn Italian.
4. Eating at famous restaurants around the world, including: Noma (Copenhagen), Voodoo Doughnuts (Portland, Oregon), Café du Monde (New Orleans), Chez Panisse (Berkeley, California),
Modern Toilet Restaurant (as of 12/30/14) (Taiwan), and any Michelin-starred restaurant in France.
5. Experience zero-gravity.
6. Have my poems published.
7. Live in Canada.
8. Find love.
9. Complete a marathon.
10. Meet Sara Bareilles (my hero!).
11. Attend an EDM concert (preferably one by Dillon Francis or Fedde le Grand).
12. Fly first-class (idealistic, but one can dream…).
13. Speak fluently in French and Chinese (basically, brush up on them).
14. Have someone tell me a pickup line that would have me in stitches. Anyone. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a date.
15. Perfect the art of making macarons (so damn hard!).
16. Make Boston Cream Pie (Marie Callendar-version).
17. Experience winter in London.
18. See a million stars, watch a shooting comet.
19. Eat frog legs (again).
20. Continue with WordPress (or any form of blogging). 🙂
– The Finicky Cynic