Ah!!! I’m so happy! 😀
Woke up this Monday morning, logged into WordPress, and was pleasantly (no, ecstatically) surprised to have been nominated for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!” The lovely Marija nominated me, and for that I am forever grateful. We go back quite a bit (several months, to be more precise), and I was incredibly flattered by her kind words to me on her post. Seriously, you are amazing. 🙂
Here are the rules:
Post the award logo, thank the blogger who nominated you, answer their questions they left you, leave ten questions of your own to your nominee’s, and nominate seven people.
Here’s the logo:
…now on to the questions!
1. What would be your dream pet? A penguin. No doubt. Really, penguins are my spirit animal; I am not kidding.
2. If you could do only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? If this is supposed to mean that I’m restricted to doing only one thing for life, then that would be kind of sad. But if it’s like a hobby or activity that I can do for life (but still continue doing other things normally), then I would probably choose to…run. I love running, the freedom, the mentality, the health benefits. I’m unable to run anymore, due to a chronic injury, but I hope to return to it and become even better- stronger– one day.
3. Would you ever like to find out when you are going to die? Why or why not? I admit, I’ve always been curious to know when and where I would die. But at the same time, if I were to know at what exact age that I will pass away (especially if it’s a relatively young age), then that would depress the hell out of me. Knowing death is both a blessing and a curse.
4. What is your favorite thing about the WordPress community? Meeting you all! I’ve discovered so much interesting, well-written, and inspiring content from my one-plus year of blogging on WordPress, and I have even made some “blogger friends” from doing so. I like how we read each other’s works, sometimes riffing on them to make them even better. Creativity creates more creativity, and that’s why I enjoy it all. 🙂
5. Who are some bloggers that inspire you or brighten up your day? Hm…well, Opinionated Man has my heart. ❤ And I really like The Lesbian in the Dress: her creative writing works are beautifully written. Marija, of course 😉 -I like how she is so relatable in her posts and not afraid to speak what she thinks. my20somethingadventures is also awesome with her quick, but poignant posts on her personal day-to-day life. Insidethelifeofmoi is great; both a beautiful and sassy woman! Recently discovered My Overflowing Thoughts and love her content! I can go on and on, but then this post would run too long; I apologize if I miss any of y’all out there!
6. How do you feel about The Hobbit movies? Aside from watching snippets of The Desolation of Smaug, I have not seen any of the The Hobbit films in their entirety. Nor any of the Lord of the Rings movies. I’m pretty sure that you’re judging me right now- don’t hate! *cringes Maybe I will one day…
7. Out of all the social media websites you know, which is your least favorite and why? Snapchat. I’ve written a post about this a while back, but I think that it is one of the dumbest apps ever. Communicating via photos is kind of a cool idea, but I just don’t get why you would waste your time doing that everywhere (on the bus, in the elevator, on a date, etc.). And the photos end up getting deleted after six seconds, right? So pointless. Tinder comes a close second; don’t get me started on that one.
8. What is one attribute you are most proud of on yourself? Are you talking physical or personality-wise? If physical, I would say my arms. I like how they look, and that’s where my tattoo (which I’m also proud of) is placed. Personality-wise, I like the fact that I’m honest- brutally honest at times, even. I just don’t like the idea of lying; if people were all honest, then the world would be simpler.
9. If you could move anywhere, where would it be? Canada. I’ve already talked about it in previous posts, but I just find the country gorgeous; it’s a blend of nature and city, which I find lovely. ❤
10. If you woke up and a genie offered you only one wish you may use selfishly, what would you wish for? I would wish for three wishes, which I would then use to wish for 1) a healed and indestructible body (like Ironman…kind of), 2) hope for good things to come for the rest of my life, and 3) happiness. Simple as that.
Ten questions for you!
1. What is your favorite ice cream flavor and why?
2. What is the first physical feature you notice when you meet someone for the first time?
3. Dog or cat-lover?
4. Who is one person you look up to?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
6. Celebrity crush?
7. Favorite drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)?
8. What is your favorite film/book/TV show?
9. Typical clothes you wear on the daily?
10. Do you like pasta?
I am so drained from writing this post, but nevertheless I had fun doing it! Thanks for the love, and have a great day. 🙂
– The Finicky Cynic