Yes, I suppose. Why not?
Granted, I’m not a fan of Valentine’s Day. Maybe it’s because I’m single (which I don’t mind, actually), or that I just don’t think it’s fair that we have only one day to dedicate it to that “special someone.” Really, you should dedicate your love to that someone everyday, not just one day out of the year.
But I’m digressing. I wanted to make a post today on some possible Valentine’s Day music, in case you’re not single and need to impress your date. Regardless of whether I don’t like Valentine’s Day or not, I enjoy listening to love songs (not all, but some), and so I’ve taken it upon myself to make your date night the best night to remember. At least, until the next one… 😛
Without further ado, a brief list of my favorite songs apropos of Valentine’s Day!
1. Valentine- Pentatonix. I first stumbled upon Pentatonix (PTX for short) a year or so ago, and man, they are just beautiful. Their voices could make anyone melt…This cover, especially. ❤
2. Cupid- Lloyd. Pure R&B bliss. I swoon~
3. You and Me- Lifehouse. A classic. Heart-aching, heart-breakingly beautiful. Jason Wade’s voice just…takes me…ahhh… ❤
4. Not a Bad Thing- Justin Timberlake. “Now how about I be the last voice that you hear tonight?/And every other night for the rest of the nights that there are…” Oh, Justin. I could listen to you on repeat anytime. “It’s not a bad thing to fall in love with me…” ❤ ❤ ❤
5. Stole My Heart- One Direction. Okay, I admit, One Direction isn’t all that bad. Don’t judge. However, this is probably one of the few songs that I actually really like from them. Has that kind of disco vibe to it. Give it a go, will you?
6. All of Me- John Legend. A simple piano ballad, but a beautifully-done piano ballad. Such a sweet declaration to your spouse, your significant other. Yep, that hits the spot: my heart… ❤
7. Unconditionally- Katy Perry. Like One Direction, I don’t like all of Katy Perry’s songs. But this one just hit me. Just hit me. She over-exerted herself on this track, but in good way: she went for it, and it paid off: the ultimately, unconditional power ballad for the ages. 🙂
That’s all I have for now! I could add more, but that would risk getting too mushy and sentimental. I will see you tomorrow with another post on Valentine’s Day. ‘Til then!
– The Finicky Cynic