A few days ago, I was inspired by Dainty Little Secrets Blog‘s Liebster Award questions, and wanted to answer them. Although I wasn’t directly nomination, she nevertheless opened it up to anyone who wanted to do them.
And so I will! 🙂
I encourage any of you as well who reads this to answer these questions, too. Feel free to put them in the Comments section.
1. What’s your favorite quote? I have two:
1) “The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking landscapes, but in having new eyes” -Marcel Proust
2) “With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy” -Max Ehrmann.
2. What is something/someone who can always make you happy? Taking walks around the neighborhood. Exploring the back-trails of the city, enjoying the peace and quiet from the surroundings. Very spiritual, I know, but I’m a sucker for that kind of stuff. 🙂
3. What are you scared of? My biggest fear is the dark. Sounds childish, but really, it’s kind of terrifying when you have to feel your way through the dark to get to the light. You feel no sense of control, you feel helpless. I also see the darkness as a metaphor for the uncertainty of the future, in life and all. That’s just me being poetic and all, but in any case, it’s unsettling.
4. What’s your favorite Disney movie? Mulan is a classic. I must’ve watched it over ten times since it first came out when I was really young. Just an awesome movie overall, and with a great message about female and Asian-American agency (two topics which I’m into).
5. What is your favorite song? It changes every few weeks or months, but currently the song that’s on repeat on my iPod is Taylor Swift’s “How You Get the Girl.” Granted, I’m not a die-hard fans of yours, but I just find the beat to this song so catchy and the phrasing of the lyrics well-executed. Give it a shot!
6. Have you ever been in love & what did it feel like? What does it mean to be in love? Because I still am coming to terms with it. I can say, however, that I have had crushes, which I’m not sure if they qualify as “love.” Perhaps infatuation. And that felt…intense. My heart would beat faster whenever I see my crush enter the classroom, or whenever we run into each other on campus. Talking to them without sounding like an idiot, although I believed myself to be one. Fantasized about them. Observing and enjoying their features, physical and personality-wise. Maybe it’s love, maybe it’s not.
7. What is your end game? I’m not quite sure what this means?
8. What is your favorite color? Green.
9. What inspires you to blog? I’ve actually written a post answering this question. I’ll link it here: Why Do I Blog?
10. What word does autocorrect always change on you? Don’t know off the top of my head, but for some reason, my phone doesn’t have the short-cut option for the word “I’ll,” or it shows up as “i’ll,” a lowercase (which I don’t like, since I follow grammar and punctuation to a T whenever I text. It’s just me being a square). As a result, I have to enter in “I will,” which takes a longer time (albeit a few extra milliseconds, but hey- makes a difference!).
11. What’s your favorite smell? I have many favorite smells: fresh pine in the morning, shampoo on hair, and weirdly enough, new shoes. 😛
– The Finicky Cynic