I admit, I enjoy books way too much…I blame it on the fact that, as an English major, I don’t get much time to read for leisure. Whether it’s other novels and poems or literary essays and criticisms, our major is dedicated to the assigned readings which we have to do for our classes. Which I think is really ironic.
Not to say that I don’t enjoy some of the works I’ve read in school. It’s just that there are some that we don’t cover, and which interest me.
That being said, here is (another!) book list, of the novels that I would like to read at some point in my life. Perhaps this summer would be a good time to do so, along with my films. 😛
(For the film list equivalent, look here: Films I Want to Watch (Bucket-List!).
Let’s get to it, shall we? 🙂
1. Fifty Shades of Grey- E.L. James. Yes, I do want to read it for its utter atrocity 😛
2. My Antonia- Willa Cather. Heard that it’s a beautiful piece of literary work, and I’m a fan of country/back-country literature of the West and the South. 🙂
3. The Jungle- Upton Sinclair. Since I was little, I’ve been fascinated with the dirty back-stories of the food industry, e.g. Fast Food Nation. Definitely was a morbid kid back then…
4. It’s Kind of a Funny Story- Ned Vizzini. RIP, Vizzini! 😦
5. Blue is the Warmest Color- Julie Maroh. A graphic novel, but still interested considering that I’ve seen and enjoyed the film version!
6. Fresh Off the Boat- Eddie Huang. I’d actually began reading it last year, but never finished it! And the television series ain’t bad, yo! 😛
7. Annie On My Mind- Nancy Garden. Considered one of the first, if not the epitome, of the LGBT YA novel. I’m definitely into LBGT works, and am always looking to discover new ones out there.
What books are on your bucket list? I would be interested to know! 🙂
– The Finicky Cynic