Inspired by Opinionated Man’s 10.1 Things That Make Me Happy, I have decided to make my own list of things that I find pleasure in. Not as satirical as OM’s, but nevertheless I hope you have fun with them. 🙂
1. Long, meditative walks around my neighborhood. Even though it’s in the middle of a big city, you would be amazed at the amount of flowers and grass around the concrete. And the air quality is actually really good; I especially love going out in the afternoons.
2. Writing a poem that I might not have necessarily thought was my best, but afterwards realizing that…it was my best. And having my poetry workshop peers agree with me, well, that’s even better. 🙂
3. Besides writing poems, reading good poetry. What do I mean by “good poetry?” I’ve already discussed my personal attributes on this subject in a previous post, but in any case, I will say that a poem is considered “good” if it can move me- mentally and emotionally.
4. Listening to music. I know, it’s nothing too special; I’m sure everyone will agree that music is awesome. But just like poetry, listening to “good” music just generally uplifts my spirit. It stimulates memories- past and future- and I continue to fall in love again and again. ❤
5. Daydreaming; on some days, it just feels good to be a dreamer. Letting my imagination run wild while bored or sleeping helps make life more interesting. Sometimes, it’s okay to space out for a bit during a boring lecture in class (although I wouldn’t recommend it all of the time!).
What makes you happy? 🙂
– The Finicky Cynic