(In place of Poetry Wednesday today, I will dedicate this post to a nomination that I’d received recently. It is poetry-based, however, so it’s still relevant! Enjoy.) 🙂
Yes, you read that correctly.
And no, it has nothing to do with saying dirty things. 😛
Recently, I was nominated by The World Past Me to take part in a new challenge that she had created for bloggers. She is always sending me cool awards and nominations to do, so why not continue to return the favor?
In any case, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you. (Thanks, Akanksha!).
2. Write a prose of five lines, in which every line should start and end with a word that starts with ‘F’. (Will do! However, instead of prose, I opted for poem, which I’m more comfortable writing. Scroll down to see the finished product.).
3. Keep the link of the original F- Challenge in the post, so that the creator may get a pingback. (You can find it here)
4. This challenge is open to anyone who sees it, or reads a F- Challenge post from someone.
5. Nominate 7 other bloggers for this challenge. (Like #4 above, this post is open to anyone to reads this post. But I’ll nominate a few bloggers who I would be interested in reading their response!).
Without further ado, the poem! 🙂
Chemin de Fer
Feel the thunder from the sky, fighting
fires that snake along the chemin de fer:
Fifty-five miles of train-tracks are forced
from their roots, lost to the muted forest
fog obscuring the ashes of lives forgotten.
– The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic