As a queer woman of color, I am really interested in all things LGBTQA related, especially when it comes to media in television, films, or the Internet. From that, I am happy that the number of lesbian couples portrayed on-screen has increased in recent years, since now it doesn’t seem as taboo to do so.
That being said, I have seen films and television shows with plenty of amazing same-sex couples, and I have to admit, I became a fan of them.
Fan of them.
Yup, you knew that was going to happen. 😛
In any case, I really do appreciate the attention and care to the producers who create these characters in media. Not only are the couples gorgeous-looking together, but it is also wonderful to see their relationships bloom and flourish over time. Truly, that is the beauty that I enjoy seeing as being a part of the LGBTQA community. 🙂
Who are your favorite lesbian/same-sex couples? Let me know!
1. Rachel (Piper Perabo) and Luce (Lena Headey) in Imagine Me & You
2. Bo (Anna Silk) and Lauren (Zoie Palmer) in Lost Girl
3. Leyla (Sheetal Sheth) and Tala (Lisa Ray) in I Can’t Think Straight
4. Peyton (Traci Dinwiddie) and Elena (Necar Zadegan) in Elena Undone
5. Naomi (Lily Loveless) and Emily (Kathryn Prescott) in Skins
– The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic