This is a bit overdue, but I am super honored to have been nominated for two awards…on the same day! First up:
I thank alexandra write now for the “Premio Dardos Award!” Simply put,
“The Premio Dardos Award exists to acknowledge the values that every blogger shows in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.”
Again, thank you so much for the nomination, and I will nominate a few bloggers who I believe are making WordPress a truly wonderful and enlightening place! 🙂
Now on to the next award!
- Put the award’s logo on your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Let your nominees know you have nominated them.
- Post 7 facts about yourself.
Seven facts about myself:
1. Although I am Los Angeles born-and-bred, I don’t recall ever visiting the Hollywood sign, or even Hollywood, for that matter (then again, I consider the landmark more of a touristy thing, rather than a place where locals go on the weekend). 😛
2. I have a weird aversion to polo shirts. Not quite sure why, but perhaps it has something to do with the collar and buttons on the clothing- not my taste at all.
3. Recently, I have been really into trying raw meat. I love raw oysters and raw fish, and my goal when I move to France this fall is to try the steak tartare (which is essentially raw beef!).
4. Again, sounds weird, but when I come across a familiar smell, it triggers vivid memories from my life that have nothing to do with the context in which I’m situated at that moment. Mostly pleasant memories, too. Not sure if this makes any sense (pun intended), but I liken this sensation to seeing something and through that triggers a personal memory.
5. Perhaps it’s only me, but I find Indian accents (i.e. Indian people who speak English) attractive. ❤
6. Keeping with the theme of this award: if I could be a dragon from any TV/film, I would choose Haku from Spirited Away. Not only is he beautiful, but he is also kind and protective to Chihiro, the protagonist. That, or Dratini/Dragonair from Pokémon, or Mushu from Mulan.
7. I LOVE cookie dough, whether in ice cream, cake, or just by itself. Seriously, I would down all of that in a tub. 😛
My nominees! (not sure if I can come up with fifteen, but I’ll choose ones who I think will enjoy this award).
Thanks for everything! Take care! 🙂
– The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic