Today, I thought that I would do just a quick, breezy tag that I found here related to the summer, considering that it’s in full swing right now. Although the tag was originally intended for Youtubers, who cares? Why not share it on WordPress and spread the love?! ❤
Without further ado, here are my answers!
1. Ocean or Pool – Definitely like to keep myself free from loose sand and seagull poop. What can I say? I’m a clean freak. 😛
2. Beach Vacation or Wilderness – Okay, so I may not be a huge beach fan, but I’d rather do that than go camping in an area where I’m susceptible to scary animals, poisonous plants, and millions of bugs.
3. Watermelon or Strawberries – I know that watermelons are best for refreshing yourself during a long, hot day, but I can’t bring myself to consume all of that water and pick at my teeth for those blasted seeds. That being said, I would go for strawberries, although mangoes are my #1 fruit.
4. Bikini or 1-piece – I have never worn a bikini, nor do I desire to. Personally, I don’t think that I can pull it off; it’s not really a body image thing as it is about exposing more skin to the sun (I’m huge when it comes to protecting the skin!). And I swim for sport, so a bikini would be impractical. Just a personal preference.
5. Lemonade or Iced Tea – I enjoy tea, but not so much iced tea. The cold, bitter taste unsettles me a bit, and so I would rather go the sweet route for my summer drink.
6. Hotdogs…grilled or over a fire – Uh, aren’t these two the same?! I guess maybe for “fire” it’s directly over the flames, but still…eh, I suppose grilled, even if the charred parts contain traces of carcinogen in them (yes, I’m super aware of those chemicals, too!).
7. Hat or Sunglasses – I know that hats protect the scalp and the face, but I don’t look good in them. Shades, while not covering those areas, at least protect your eyes from damage. Recently though, I’ve started to don more hats on my outdoor walks- sometimes, it’s best not to care what others think, anyway. Meh. 😛
8. Windows Down or AC all the way – If you’re talking about a car, then definitely the AC. Opening windows is just too much: too much noise from outside, and the risk of getting bugs and crap into the vehicle. I would rather have my air-conditioning, thank you very much.
9. Tanning Lotion or Sunscreen – Tanning lotions are the worst: they don’t offer any protection from the sun, and they increase your chances of becoming burnt, getting melanoma, and so forth. Skip the vanity for tanning, and just wear sunscreen.
10. Baseball Game or Concert – Although I am American born-and-raised, I do not like baseball. It’s boring as heck, and I much rather go to a concert where I can feel energetic and in the moment. Perhaps one of Jason Mraz’s, or Ingrid Michaelson’s- one can dream! 🙂
11. Ice Cream or Popsicle – Popsicles are WEAK. They’re just water and sugar. But ice cream definitely hits the spot, with its sweet, cold creaminess. As I’ve mentioned before in a previous post, anything cookie dough will do. Although any ice cream does sound really good right now…
12. Fireworks or Fireflies – Wow, I actually can’t choose! I’ve seen fireworks in my city and, while gorgeous, can also get a little too loud…but I’ve never actually seen fireflies in real life, so maybe I’ll like them when I do end up encountering them!
13. Flip Flops or Bare Feet – Don’t want to track any dirtiness on my feet, let alone infections!
14. Water Balloons or Squirt Guns – I mean, c’mon! Squirt guns are cool, but water balloons are even cooler, considering that you DIY it before chucking it at your sibling and friends. Fun times!
Feel free to take part in this tag, too! I tag all of you! 😛
Have a good day, bloggers! 🙂
– The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic