This post is way overdue, but I thank miss ky for nominating me for the “Sunshine Blogger Award!” 🙂
Considering that I’ve done so many of these awards already, let’s get to it, shall we?
- Thank the people/person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominators.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
Questions for me:
- What is your middle name? I would prefer not to disclose this. Not that I’m ashamed of it (not at all!), but it’s one that, as an individual of Chinese/Taiwanese descent, is dear to me, and has such personal meaning in my life. So I would rather not- my apologies.
- What is your favorite thing to do? Well, I have many favorite things to do, but I guess one of them is taking long drives around the city. I recently got into this habit of going out more in my car, and just…driving. There’s something rather therapeutic about the silence, the atmosphere, the gentle hum of the engine that makes things so serene and complete. I admit, I don’t do it all of the time- otherwise I would be forking over a ton of money for gas (and greenhouse effects!).
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? As I’ve mentioned several times on my blog, my current two bucket-list cities are Amsterdam and Prague. I look forward to visiting them one day- perhaps this fall while I’m in Europe! 😀
- Would you rather live without Facebook or Instagram – why? Instagram- just because I don’t have one!
- What is your favorite memory? Like #2, I have many favorites. I suppose one would be when my high school won the cross-country league championships during my sophomore year. I just remember it being such a huge surprise, especially when we were competing against such good schools. But we upset them, and went on to sweep almost all of the titles in junior varsity, varsity, and so forth. Everyone was ecstatic, and I felt proud as well. 🙂
- Do you have any favorite makeup products? I do not wear much makeup, if at all. So no, I do not have any favorite makeup products.
- If you could re-name your blog, what would it be? I’m content with my current blog name, but if I had to rename it, I would have something with penguins in it. What can I say? They’re my favorite animal!
- What’s your favorite season? Winter! The cold never bothered me, anyway (like what Elsa said). 😛
- What do you look for mostly in people? (ex: personality, smile, funny..) I look for someone who is…compatible. Doesn’t necessarily mean that he/she has to agree with everything I say or do, but just someone who is easy and willing to talk to, laugh with, and get to know better. I want both a talker and a listener (actually quite hard to come by!), who could spend hours- hours!– just deep in conversation. Compatibility is a very attractive trait. 😉
- What’s a secret that you have kept? (can be either yours or someone else’s) I will not disclose any of my friends’ secret, just because it’s personal to them (seriously, I would cross my heart and die than reveal them!). I’m pretty open with my thoughts and experiences, but I guess one secret that I’ve kept would be the fact that I have never told my crush(es) that I liked them. We remain friends to this day, and even though I’ve moved on from liking them (in that way), they still don’t know about my feelings. Oh, the tension! 😛
- Your ideal date? Definitely needs to involve food, preferably a night out at some really nice restaurant that I’ve been meaning to try, but never got around to. Perhaps hanging out afterwards back at one of our’s houses, drinking wine and just talking for hours (like #9). Maybe stay the night over (not necessarily sex- if it happens, it happens :P), and the following morning wake up and either go out to breakfast or cook at home to cure our *potential* hangovers. Very “classy,” I know, but I’m a romantic at heart! ❤
I won’t nominate anyone in particular to do this award, but feel free to answer the questions below in the Comments, if you like that sort of thing! Cheers! 🙂
Questions for You!
1. Where do you consider home?
2. How are you spending your summer so far?
3. Do you like penguins?
4. Favorite dessert?
5. What are you currently reading right now?
6. Describe your first crush.
7. What is one item that you can’t live without? Why?
8. Describe your ideal date! 😉
9. Weird habit?
10. Something you did that you would never tell your parents about?
11. Plans/goals for the future?
– The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic