This post will be a quick (and rather cheeky!) one, as I am currently super busy with a million things to take care of (e.g. teaching, planning my travels, looking into work/grad school opportunities, etc). But I didn’t want to leave you hanging without a post for the day, so here it is! 🙂
As you know, I am in France for the moment, and am living on my own in a nice, fairly-spacious flat provided by my school’s professor. It was pretty much fully equipped when I moved in; the only things that I needed to buy were groceries and personal hygiene stuff! And the monthly rent is not bad at all- at least, compared to what assistants in the big cities are paying for theirs (which I have heard are nightmare-ish).
Anyway, I have this place all to myself, and I love it. Having had roomed with people in dorms/apartments throughout my whole four years of college, I was ready to have some privacy. True, it gets kind of lonely sometimes, but still, I like my quiet place.
Yet, after living on my own for the past few months, I have come to notice a few, erm, “particular” things that I do when being at home. For those of you who live by yourself, I am sure that you can relate to some of these points that I will share with you below.
From the weird to the amusing to just plain disgusting, here is a list of things that I do when home alone!
- Talking to myself, sometimes even having small conversations! I swear, I’m not crazy! 😛
- Playing music without headphones and just letting the melody fill the natural acoustics of the room. ♪ ♫ ♪
- Never needing to close any of the doors: I already have privacy!
- Sneezing, coughing, or farting to my heart’s content- no judgment! 😉
- Walking around, erm, sans clothes. *sometimes*
- Putting my family/friends on-speaker when calling them. No need to go outside of the room to talk!
- Leaving clothes on the drying rack for days, even after they’re completely dried, and only putting them away when I need to do my next laundry load!
- Allowing the trash to accumulate, until it’s stuffed to the brim that I finally take it out (then again, I don’t accumulate junk too quickly, since I’m on my own).
…and that’s all I can think of for now! What about you? Are there weird things that you do when home alone? Let me know! 😀
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic