Happy Monday, bloggers!
Last week, I received a nomination for this award from Small World, Smaller Girl, whom I’ve recently discovered and have come to enjoy reading. Her posts are a blend of personal musings, college life, and wanderlust- all of which I can definitely relate to! I thank her for nominating me for the Black Cat Blue Sea award and I encourage you to go check her out; she’s awesome! 🙂
Granted, it’s been a long while since I’ve last been nominated for a new award, let alone post about it. In fact, I looked into my blog archives, and my last one was back in January with the Spirit Animal Award! How crazy is that?
Any case, I love doing awards, so let’s get to the questions! Here are the guidelines:
1. Anybody nominated can nominate eight other bloggers.
2. The nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator.
3. The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
4. If any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
…and here are the questions that I was asked!
1. Who is your favorite musical artist and why? Give me a link to one of their best songs!
Oh man…I have way too many! I guess a solid go-to would be Sara Bareilles, as I’ve been a big fan of her since I was in high school. She has a voice that can do no wrong, and absolutely kills her songs whether recorded or live; I got to see her perform back in college and that was definitely a moment to remember.
Her song “Gravity” is a must, as well as “One Sweet Love,” “Breathe Again,” and “She Used to Be Mine” (from the musical score that she wrote in the theater adaptation of Waitress). Bareilles is truly a gem in the music industry! 😀
2. What’s your favorite food? Do you happen to have the recipe? If so, totally share it!
It’s not necessarily a specific type of dish, but my favorite food would have to be pasta, or noodles in general. From the Italian pesto pasta to the Chinese beef and noodle soup, my heart (and stomach!) knows no limits as to how much carbs I’m willing to take in to make me happy! 😛
I don’t have any particular recipe for pasta/noodles, but granted, it’s a no-brainer to cooking them; all you need are the dried pasta/noodles, a pot of boiling water, and you’re set!
3. What’s one funny/cool/random fact about yourself? We want to know!
I’m sure that I have many “funny/cool/random” facts about myself, but it’s always hard to think of them off the top of my head… I suppose one interesting thing is that, although I’m from Los Angeles, born and bred all of my life, I have never visited Hollywood, let alone seen the Hollywood sign in person! It’s crazy, because I have pretty much globe-trotted my way all over Europe, Asia, and certain parts of North America, but have never really visited my hometown in depth!
…now time for the nominations! I graciously bestow this award onto these wonderful bloggers:
…and my questions for the nominees!
1. If you only had 24 hours to live, how would you spend it?
2. Imagine if you won the lottery; would you choose to change anything about your life? Why or why not?
3. What never ceases to make you happy?
Thanks for reading, folks! Enjoy the rest of your week. 🙂
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic