This post will be an easy, breezy one, since I’ve been preoccupied with school and work and everything in between (as mentioned in the previous post as well, so sorry about that!).
As you can tell by the title of this post, it’ll be about some qualities that I look for in a girl, especially qualities that attract me to her. Call me superfluous and superficial, but while it’s true that we shouldn’t base people off of appearances, you have to admit that physical qualities are pretty much the first things you notice when you meet someone. Before you even have a conversation with them, what draws you to them are looks. That’s life, people.
Anyway, I’ll be including a list of both physical appearances and personalities which I find attractive in girls. Without further ado, here they are!
1. Dark hair. Now before anyone gets heated here…I respect and like all different hair colors, whether blond, brunette, black, gray, purple, etc. But from experience, the majority of girls whom I’ve been attracted to have had either brown or black hair. I don’t know why, but I guess it gives me a sense of comfort (I have black hair) and gives off a mysterious air to them…
2. Pretty eyes. This is not just based off eye color, but how they look at others. It is true, as the old saying goes, that “eyes are the window to the soul,” and you can tell so much about someone from just their eyes. I’m a sucker for expressive eyes, however vague that might sound; in other words, if their eyes can hold your attention (and you can’t look away), then that’s a good sign.
3. Takes care of herself. In other words, she knows how to stay healthy, manages time well, and overall is not high maintenance. She is someone who can be independent on her own and is not clingy.
4. A sense of humor. I know this point is a common one to list, but really, I think it should be one of the most important aspects of a girl’s character, let alone any person out there. It’s fine to be serious from time to time, but having a lighter outlook on life is where pleasure comes from. By being able to crack jokes and whatnot, it shows creativity and an effort to make things great with others.
5. Reciprocity. No one should have to deal with a one-sided relationship; the ability to receive and give back to the other person is what makes relationships work. Granted, it won’t be a perfect situation all of the time, but trying to be equal in terms of doing things for each other really makes me respect her.
6. Patience. As the old saying goes, “patience is a virtue.” I consider myself a patient person, and I guess it would be nice that the other person has it, too. Like-minded, I suppose? Plus, it makes things less stressful to deal with!
7. Knows more than one language. Generally speaking, knowing more than one language makes you more open, more cultured, and more interesting to be around. It also challenges you to be a better person, in terms of improving and keeping up the languages you know. Considering that I speak three languages, it would be a pleasure if the girl I like can also speak at least two languages. Whether or not I speak them, too, it can make life a lot more fun in terms of endless possibilities for conversation topics on culture and whatnot!
8. Smells good. Call me a creep, but whenever I pass by someone on the street, I take the time to take in his or her odor. Good or bad, it’s a weird quirk that I do. That said, I’m a sucker when it comes to someone smelling really good. For girls, I love the smell of body shampoo- slightly sweet, even floral, but not cloying.
9. Has a purpose in life. Again, sounds vague, but what I mean by this is someone who is motivated, has goals and aspirations, and overall is confident in her abilities as an individual. Someone who is sure of herself, even with uncertainties in life, is bound to make me fall in love with her as an inspiration for me to do better with myself.
10. Honesty. It’s not just about telling the truth, but also about being direct and straightforward with feelings; I would much rather have someone tell me that that dress makes me look fat than saying the opposite, or nothing at all. I don’t want miscommunication, and that’s why I think being honest is a strong quality (and value) to have.
…that’s about it for me! What do you look for in a girl (or person, really)? Feel free to add your thoughts! Thanks for reading.
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic