Just a few days ago, Aliz97 from Small Girl, Smaller World took part in the “2016/2017 Tag,” which was originally conceived by Davide from #THEGUYWHOSAIDALWAYSNO. After reading their posts, I was interested to take part in this tag as well. To be fair, Aliz97 nominated anyone who read her post, so with that said, I’m going for it, headfirst and all! Let’s get started. 🙂
1. Describe your 2016 in 3 words. Travel, learning, taking risks (okay, so two words for the last one, but I’m fudging this a bit!).
2. Write the name of 2 people that have characterized your 2016. My family and the Normandy teaching academy (again, I’m fudging this, since it wouldn’t be fair to everyone out there who’ve made my life the way it is now. Technically, you can say that each is a collective, am I right?)
3. Write the most beautiful place you’ve visited in 2016 and why you liked it so much. The first place that comes to mind is Portugal. I went in February 2016 and not only was it sunny and warm for winter, but I met so many kind people there. Plus, the culture, the architecture, the food…all were absolutely amazing. I would love to go back. ❤
4. Write the most delicious food you’ve tasted in 2016. One food that particularly stands out for me would have to be Korean fried chicken (dakgangjeong), which I had while back home in Los Angeles over the summer. Extra crispy and tender, with a sweet-spicy sauce to boot, it was absolute heaven on Earth!
5. Write the event which has marked you more of this in 2016 (even global event). Being in France and returning to France: although I have a love-hate relationship with the country, I’d learned so much about myself within a few months of living and working here that I’m glad to be back nonetheless.
6. Write the finest purchase you’ve made in this 2016, and if you want link a photo. Speculoos spread (aka cookie butter). Granted, it’s only about 2-3 euros at the local grocery store, but whenever I eat it, something inside of me gets so happy, even euphoric. I swear, it’s like a drug…it’s so good, though!
7. Write 3 good intentions for this 2017. My three intents are 1) continue traveling, 2) be more confident, and 3) save money!
8. Write 1 place you want to visit in 2017. Iceland!
9. Write 1 plate/food you want to eat in 2017. Ethiopian food. ‘Nuff said.
I encourage anyone who’s interested to take part in this tag. Besides the fact that I love doing these kind of posts, this tag in particular really did make me think a bit more about my 2016 year…perhaps it’ll be the same for you!
Have a good weekend, folks! 🙂
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic