A week or so ago, Sophie from Sophie Speaks Up was nominated to do this tag, of which I found super neat. Being a sucker for tags and awards, I’ve decided to take part in this tag, even though she didn’t nominate anyone to do so. Technically, she opened it up to anyone who wants to do it, so I’m taking full advantage of that! Plus, it’s one of those lazy days in blogging for me, so why not? 😛
Without further ado, here we go!
The Important Rules:
Give them 11 questions to answer
Tag 11 people
Answer their 11 questions
Thank the person who nominated you
1. If you can turn your life into a movie, what would be the title? “Wanderlust.” Considering that that’s my current motto in life, I would like my travels to be captured into a film with an apropos title to boot.
2. What is that one guilty pleasure that you can never let go of? All things desserts. From what I learned in my food-health class in college, it’s true that sugar is a dangerous (and legal) drug that many of us are addicted to, myself included. From brookies (brownie-cookies) to tuxedo mousse cakes, there’s no stopping me from consuming them all!
3. Which color do you hate the most and why? I don’t really have a color that I particularly detest, but I would say that I’m not a huge fan of the colors brown and green when mixed together. It creates this weird hybrid that reminds me of swamps, in this non-soluble, unattractive sense.
4. If your country never existed, in which country would you live instead? Probably Canada; culture-wise, it’s not too different from the United States and has plenty of nature and friendly people to boot (or so the idea goes). Plus, poutine to my heart’s desire!
5. What would you ask your guardian angel if he appeared before you? Will I be able to live a meaningful, pain-free life?
6. Do you believe in love at first sight? Although I’m a cynic, I can be a romantic at times, and I do believe that love is a combination of instant chemistry and fostering that chemistry over time to make what’s an interaction between two people love. So yes, in a way, I believe in love at first sight.
7. If you can travel to the past, what era would you go back to besides the years you lived in? Personally, the past for me is the past, something irreversible and not to return to. Then again, I can’t think of any era that I would be keen on going back to, aside from the years that I lived in, funny enough. In that case, no era for me.
8. What childhood dreams did you stop pursuing? Nurse, pharmacist, anything related to the medical field. I had those aspirations when I was in high school, but I realized that it wasn’t for me (aka I wasn’t good in science). I don’t mind having switched to the humanities in college; in fact, I’m happier than before.
9. How many languages can you speak and what other languages do you want to learn? I speak three languages (Chinese, English, French), each to varying degrees of fluency. I would love to learn Italian someday.
10. Would you sacrifice the happiness of one child for the happiness of everyone (Omelas, anyone)? Ooh, that’s tough; if I pick one over the other, someone will be missing out. I guess to think of the “common good,” the latter would be the better choice, but it depends whether the child is someone whom I’m close to- then that would be the deal-breaker!
11. How would you describe a perfect day? Waking up sans alarm clock, going out for a run, shower, eat a hearty brunch (Eggs benedict or Florentine are the bee’s knees). Idle around all day on the Internet: blogging, watching Youtube/Netflix/Hulu, without any responsibilities. Relax with dinner and a few glasses of wine at night before turning into bed.
…and there you have it! Here are my 11 questions for whoever wants to do this (just like Sophie, I nominate anyone to do this!):
1. If you were a candy, which one would you be?
2. What is one country you would like to visit?
3. What is your dream job?
4. Coffee or tea?
5. Cake or pie?
6. What do you do to unwind after a long day?
7. If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
8. One song that defines your life right now?
9. How do you eat an Oreo?
10. Your biggest flaw?
11. Do you think colors really exist?
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic