About a week ago, Jen from GYPSYBUS28 nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award (you can find her post here). I’ve been following her for a while now, and her posts on travel, beauty, and food are absolutely inspiring. I’m especially obsessed with her recipes posts, since many of them are those that I grew up with back home in the United States (namely, good ol’ Chinese food). That said, I thank her a million for the nomination!
…you know the drill. Let’s get to the award:
– Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
– Post about the award
– Share seven facts about yourself
– Nominate at most 15 people
– Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated
Seven Facts About Me:
1. I’m obsessed with drinking tea, especially now having moved to France. Interestingly, I don’t drink it so much when home in the United States, but here, I can’t go a day without a cup or two.
2. …on the contrary, I don’t drink coffee; the closest would be drinking a latte or a frappuccino. I just never drank it growing up, and I once had a very bad experience with espresso, so that put me off from drinking any sort of coffee again.
3. I love to bake, but I’m a terrible cook. It’s mostly attributed to the fact that I’m lazy and I don’t want to spend an hour preparing and making something, well, delicious. Most of the time, I just make pasta, throw on some sauce and cheese, and serve it along with eggs and canned vegetables.
4. I’m a hard-core introvert, as well as struggle with social anxiety and shyness. Not the most ideal combination of personality traits, but I’m working on it every day.
5. …on the other hand, although it can take some time for me to warm up to people, once I become comfortable with them, I consider myself warm and willing to go out of my way for them. That said, if you become a good friend of mine, just know we’ll be friends for life!
6. I don’t watch a lot of TV, let alone watch shows on Netflix or Hulu. I just don’t have the patience for sitting still for a half-hour or hour-long show, although there are exceptions (e.g. Fresh off the Boat, Black Mirror). Most of the time, I just watch Youtube.
7. I do not have Snapchat *gasp! Yes, it appears that in this day and age, everyone seems to have it, but I don’t understand the appeal of snapping photos of yourself with extreme (and extremely weird) filters and posting them on social media…for ten seconds maximum. Maybe one day I’ll come around to getting one, but for the moment, I’m happy not having one.
Can’t think of 15 nominees, so here are the ones whom I’ll nominate. Some of them are those whom I’ve been following for a while, others new to the blogging game:
…all right, that’s it for me! Enjoy your week, lovely bloggers! 🙂
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic