Hello, bloggers! 🙂
Call me a bad person or just a forgetful one, but six months ago, I was nominated for another “Sunshine Blogger Award” from none other than Fede from La Dépaysée. An Italian girl who loves to travel and has visited countries all over Europe and Asia, Fede is certainly an inspiration and I’m so impressed by all of the places she’s been to at such a young age!
Again, a million apologies for somehow having overlooked the nomination; I’m finally getting around to it! Thank you so much for nominating me- it made my day. 🙂
You know the drill- here are the rules:
– Thank the person who nominated you
– Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you
– Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award
– Write the same amount of questions for the blogger you have nominated
– Notify the bloggers you nominated
Questions For Me
1. What is the biggest decision you have made in your life? Probably changing my major/concentration back in college: I went from being a Science major to an English literature one, and I would have to say that it really changed me. Seriously, I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing right now if I hadn’t decided to switch, and I’m so glad that I did.
2. What is or was your biggest dream? My biggest dream is to be a writer- more specifically, a poet. I would like to publish my works and enjoy doing just that. Practically-speaking, it’s difficult, but it can’t hurt to imagine what could be a reality!
3. What is or was your dream travel? I have so many destinations I would love to visit; I suppose that places like Iceland and Southeast Asia (e.g. Malaysia, Singapore) are on my current bucket list, though.
4. What is/are the best country/countries you have visited? I’ve really enjoyed Portugal, along with Spain and the Czech Republic, in Europe. Japan and Taiwan in Asia are great as well. I would say, though, that it’s the process of juxtaposing my travels to two continents (Europe and Asia) that that’s where I gained so much insight into cultural differences…and I love it.
5. What would you do to improve the world? Have everyone be honest and direct with each other: much of the chaos going on in the world is due to lying and miscommunication, so if we can eradicate that, things just might be a bit more efficient and smoother.
6. Who has/have been your biggest inspirations in life? People who have been through hell and back- you know who you are!
7. Where do you find the inspiration to write everyday on your blog? My mind is always filled with ideas and thoughts that I jot down as drafts on WordPress before they get published. I’ve made it a habit to have certain days be about certain themes (e.g. Sunday for music, Wednesday for poetry, etc.). Sometimes, I get inspiration from other bloggers’ posts and Youtube videos and that can help whenever I feel at loss for a topic to write about.
8. What is/are the book/s that you liked the most? I’m not going to list any specific ones, just because there are too many to count. Basically, I’m a fan of any books that can pull me in in terms of prose and narrative, as well as display multiple registers when it comes to tone, atmosphere, and complex characters- all the while being smooth in that manner. Not too many books can do this, so it surprises me when a novel can do so!
9. What is the happiest moment in your life? I interpret this question two ways: one on the past, and one in the present sense. For the former, it would have to have been traveling so much this past year all over Europe, mostly solo- wouldn’t have traded it for anything else. For the latter, it would have to be a day of doing nothing but enjoying the comforts at home, pajamas and all. 🙂
10. What is the saddest moment in your life? Same like with #9: in the past, just having gone through severely-low self-esteem in middle school through bullying. In the present, it’s still a struggle of being confident in myself, in my abilities as a young adult. It’s a continual work in progress, but I’m giving it my best.
…once more, thanks to Fede for having nominating me! I won’t be nominating any bloggers this time around, but feel free to answer the questions down below, should you wish:
1. Are you an early riser or a late one?
2. Where is your dream destination?
3. Are you more of a dog person or a cat person? Or neither?
4. What do you think about teenagers/twenty-somethings today?
5. What is one food you always cook/need to have?
6. Have you got plans for this summer?
7. Do you tend to response to messages right away, or forget to text back?
8. What’s a physical/personality trait that you find attractive in someone?
9. What’s one crazy thing you’ve done so far?
10. What’s one crazy thing you would like to do?
…that’s it for now! Have a good day! 🙂
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic