A while ago, Hannah from Pensive Palindrome and Lyne from Lyne Goes Around tagged me to do “The Blue Sky Tag,” which is another way to get to know me better. I’ve already done one not too long ago, but I’m happy to do another one, especially from a blogger whom I enjoying reading posts from! Thanks for the tag, Hannah and Lyne!
Here are the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions.
Tag 11 people.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
The questions (from Hannah):
1. What makeup product do you love to collect or own the most of?
I don’t wear makeup, so I don’t have a favorite product!
2. If you could visit any city in the world, where would you go?
Istanbul, Turkey- I’ve yet to visit it!
3. Who is your favorite artist or band?
I have too many, but I would say my current obsession is Taeyeon, a South Korean singer known for being a member of the K-pop girl-power group Girls Generation. Recently, she released a solo album, and I think it really showcases her vocals; I encourage you to give it a listen!
4. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A writer, for sure. Still remains steadfast today. Even though it’s a difficult occupation to achieve, perhaps one day I’ll get there!
5. Favorite TV show?
Don’t watch a lot of television, but good ones to fall back on are Fresh Off the Boat, Black Mirror, and Community.
6. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
The ability to teleport to any place in the world, at any given moment. That, or stop time.
7. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Cookie dough! Love the texture that comes with the creamy taste. 🙂
8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who walk slowly in front of me. Whether deliberate or unintentional, I hate having to squeeze past them when I need to get somewhere. Just pick up your feet a bit more, will you?
9. When/how did you first get interested in makeup and beauty?
Never really have- sorry!
10. Who is your biggest role model?
Common as it is to say, I would have to say my mom. Having grown up poor and working hard her whole life to go to university in Taiwan, immigrate to the United States, and work in one of the most prestigious hospitals in the country, she’s done a lot in life so far. Plus, she’s a cancer survivor, and for that, she’s my hero.
11. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?
Can’t think of one at the moment, but I would have to say that with each post I write, I try to make it worthwhile not only for you to read, but also for me to do. Granted, there are some which I would consider “filler,” but regardless I make sure to keep it as polished as possible, without any sense of rough draft going on.
The questions (from Lyne):
1. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Lie in bed for a minute before getting up to start my day.
2. Where is the last place you traveled to ?
Poland- had an amazing time!
3. What is thing you couldn’t live without ?
Sad as it is to say, I would say my smartphone- in this day and age, so much is readily available online, from work to entertainment to communicating with people. Despite glitches and everything, I need my phone! Talk about being a spoiled millennial!
4. What’s your favourite drink ?
Non-alcoholic: either tea or milkshake.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?
Hopefully still working abroad- I’d love to stay a bit longer outside of the United States!
6. Have you ever been to DisneyLand Paris ?
No, I haven’t. Still hesitant if I want to, but maybe I will someday.
7. Favourite place in the world ?
My room at home- best place to be alone and feel comfortable!
8. How many languages do you speak ?
Three languages (Chinese, English, French), but some better than others.
9. Do you consider learning a new one in the future ?
Of course! I’d love to try out Spanish or Italian.
10. Do you have a pet ?
Yes, a dog back home. Super cute, but super hyperactive- definitely the opposite of me!
11. What did you do today ?
As this post goes to press, I’m still currently on vacation, so lots of exploring all over town!
…and that’s about it! Again, thanks to Hannah and Lyne for nominating me; I won’t nominate anyone in particular to do this tag, but if you’re interested, feel free to give my questions a go!
My questions for you:
1. What’s your favorite accent around the world? Why?
2. Name your favorite film.
3. Travel by bus, plane, or train?
4. Name your favorite dish to eat/cook.
5. Write the first word that comes to your mind that starts with the letter “e.”
6. Eat out or eat in?
7. Describe the best night out for you.
8. Name one song you’re currently obsessed with (looking for recommendations!).
9. What’s one special skill that you wish you had?
10. Do you practice sports? If so, which one(s)?
11. Where is your dream home?
Thanks for reading! Until later. 🙂
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic