A couple of weeks ago, The Dreamer nominated me for this award, which I’m happy to accept. Besides being a loyal reader, she is nothing short of amazing with her own blog, filled with beautiful photos of her local Delhi, India. Thanks for nominating me!
This is the second Liebster Award that I’ve been nominated for; the last one was way back a couple of years ago (which you can read here). That was back when I was still first starting out blogging, so I’m using this second award as a way to see how I’ve progressed over the years!
Any case, here are the rules:
1) Answer the questions the blogger has asked.
2) Create a new list of questions for the bloggers you’ve tagged.
3) Thank the person that tagged you!
4) Nominate at least 5 blogs to receive the award.
5) Tell them you nominated them.
…and here are the questions:
1. Do you like to read? If yes, what sort of books and any favorite? I do like to read, but sadly, I haven’t been very good on getting around to it since graduating college (as an English major). I enjoy reading most genres, except biographies or government documents—then again, who reads government documents for fun?
2. All time favorite food? Anything pasta!
3. What do like to do when you’re upset or in bad mood? Wallow, have a glass (erm, bottle) of wine, maybe write in my journal.
4. Do you consider “selfies” as part of self-portraits? Considering that it’s in the term itself, I do regard selfies as a form of self-portraits.
5. Which one would be your favorite travel spots- beach, mountains or cities? Ideally, I’d like a mixture of all!
6. Have you tried Indian food, if yes then what are your thoughts about it? Yes, I’ve tried Indian food. I like it, but I’m sure that it’s not the same compared with the “real thing” in India—that’s why I’d love to go there someday!
7. What is your passion which you would like to pursue as career? Currently, it’s travel; I would like to see if there’s a way to go nomad, i.e. work while traveling, such as being a freelance writer. Granted, it’s far from being a sustainable job (let alone saving for retirement), but if there’s a way to do so, I would pursue it!
8. Favourite outfit for any mood? Pajamas and comfortable shirt—I’m a true homebody when it comes to any fashion sense!
9. What do you like more- Starbucks or Costa Coffee? I don’t really frequent either coffee shops, although I would say that I’ve been to Starbucks much more than Costa Coffee. Guess I’ll have to go with Starbucks—admittedly, the matcha latte is pretty good there!
10. What do you prefer – Gym or outdoor running? I used to be a huge gym rat when I was in college, but that was back when gym membership was included in my tuition. Now that I’m out of school, I prefer to go outside to run and do core exercises at home. Much better than forking over a ton of money per month just to work out from time to time!
11. If you had to give up one thing about you what would like to pass? I suppose I would give up my insecurities, e.g. being introvert, having low confidence, etc. Then again, I’m sure everyone would want to leave them behind!
Here are my nominees:
…here are my questions:
1. Which childhood film always leaves you nostalgic?
2. Current food obsession?
3. Describe your ideal destination: where will you go and what will you do?
4. Your thoughts on being an adult (that is, if you’re one!).
5. What’s your take on American culture (whether you’re from the U.S. or outside of it)?
6. Give one place that people must visit in your home city/state/country. Explain why it’s worth the visit.
7. Plans for the summer?
8. Share a song that’s currently on-repeat for you.
9. Who is your celebrity idol? What have they done that makes you admire them?
10. What is something you regretted doing when you were younger?
Enjoy, and take care!
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic