Some time ago, Melissa from The Bookish Wanderer nominated me for “The Liebster Award,” which I’m honored to accept! Besides having nominated/tagged me in several awards and tags, she’s also a wonderful blogger whose posts on books, music, and writing are always a joy to read. Thank you once again for nominating me!
This is my third Liebster Award, but all the same, I do enjoy doing these types of awards. Without further ado, here are the questions:
1. What are your hobbies? I enjoy writing (e.g. blogging, poetry, journaling), running, long walks, traveling, eating, photography. Nothing too out of the ordinary!
2. What’s your favorite drink? Alcoholic: sangria or rosé. Non-alcoholic: water or tea. Milkshakes and boba milk teas for special occasions.
3. What dish could you absolutely not live without? Probably anything pasta, because that’s what I’ve been living on since living on my own. #adultingishard
4. What’s your favorite song at the moment? Rotating between three at the moment: 1) “Carry Me” by Kygo feat. Julia Michaels, 2) “Strangers” by Halsey feat. Lauren Jauregui, and 3) “Feel So Fine” by Taeyeon.
5. A book that’s stuck with you for years? One book that I always continue returning to read is Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher. I first read it almost ten years ago as a freshman in high school (wow, it’s been that long?!), and to this day, I think it’s still such a relevant book for young adults to read, discussing topics such as friendship, abuse, suicide, and abortion. Plus, it actually has humor despite the serious topics, which goes to show that it’s well-written for pulling it off!
6. Favorite store to shop at? I don’t usually go shopping (clothes or food-wise), but I think craft stores like Michael’s are pretty neat. Admittedly, I haven’t gone in a while, but I would go there often when I was younger to stock up on craft supplies for making homemade cards and origami as gifts.
7. Your go-to outfit? As it’s still summer as I’m writing this, my go-to outfit would be a loose, sleeveless shirt and shorts. Perhaps a hair-tie to put up my hair and go barefoot all the way!
8. Favorite video games? I barely play video games now, but I really enjoyed playing Pokémon and Super Mario Bros. when I was younger.
9. Are you a procrastinator? That’s a tricky question…I’ll be honest and say that I do procrastinate, but not to the extent of doing things super last-minute. Rather, I give myself enough time to work/loaf around, and usually, I end up completing projects early, at most on-time. Not sure if you understand that, but that’s how it is for me!
10. What’s your biggest fear? Death is the obvious answer, but a close second would be the dark. Hate not being able to see things and my imagination runs wild as a result…and not in the good way. Irrational, I know, but it’s been a fear of mine since I was a kid!
11. Are you a student or do you work? I’m currently both. Right now, I’m enrolled in an online Master’s program to complete my Master’s in ESL (which I’ll finish by the end of this year, yay!) and also doing freelance writing on the side to earn money for paying tuition. However, I’ll also be returning to France soon to teach abroad once more, so it’s been interesting balancing a student-work life!
Thanks for reading up to the point! I won’t nominate anyone in particular to do this award, but you’re free to answer the questions I’ll ask below:
1. What’s a current food trend that you’re interested in trying?
2. On the same subject of food, can you recommend me a local dish of your hometown?
3. Where’s the first place you would like to visit next?
4. If you could get something for free, would you choose a first-class airplane seat or a high-scale restaurant?
5. Hot or cold weather?
6. What annoys you?
7. If you could learn any new language, which one would it be and why?
8. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of the word “white.”
9. Fill in the blank: “French _______.” State your reason.
10. Books that you would like to read?
11. Name one weird habit/thing you do.
Thanks again, and take care!
— The Finicky Cynic
Check me out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thefinickycynic